The application forms of the admissions in JAC for 2017 is available now and will be filled in online mode only. The last date for the registration of the application form online is 22nd June 2017. The application form process comprises of generation of filled bank challan, which is required to be generated before or on 20th June, 2017 till 5 pm. The deadline or last date to deposit the fee in State Bank of India branches using the bank challan is 21st June, 2017 till 4 pm.
The Joint Admission Committee is maintained by Chandigarh Administration which will conduct the process of admission, for admission to the various courses available in Chandigarh. Since, admissions are provided on the basis of JEE main scores not on the basis of any entrance test, therefore, the candidates will have to apply for the counseling which will be conducted by the admission authorities from June, 2017.
A merit list will be prepared by the committee on the basis of JEE main scores obtained by the candidates along with pass percentage obtained in class 12th or equivalent examination. The form for the admission will be made available online only. The application fee can be paid online through debit card or credit card or net banking or e-challan. The counseling will be held in 4 rounds. The candidates will be required to fill their choices only when the registration and fee payment has been done. Verification of documents is also mandatory or the candidates who have applied
The candidates will be required to fill their choices only when the registration and fee payment has been done. Verification of documents is also mandatory or the candidates who have applied under any kind of reservation. For the candidates of general category, the verification of documents will be done at the time of reporting. The allotment of the seats will be done on the basis of scores in JEE Main.
- The online registration will start on 5th June, 2017
- Last date to generate the bank challan falls on 20th June, 2017
- Last date to deposit the fee is 21st June, 2017
- Last date for the online registration is on 22nd June, 2017
- Counseling will initiate on 7th July, 2017
The candidates in order to secure a seat need to qualify the given eligibility criteria-
- The candidate of Indian origin are eligible to apply and candidates belonging to JAC Chandigarh can apply under Chandigarh quota.
- The candidates are required to have cleared 12th class
- The candidates should have studied language, Mathematics and physics as the main subjects along with any one of Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology.
- The candidates should have secured minimum aggregate of 60% marks in 12th class as general category and for reserved category it is 55% marks in aggregate.
- The ranks of JEE main will be taken as basis for shortlisting and allotment of seats
- Candidates are required to be in good mental and physical health and proper vision of eyes.
- The candidates with compartment in class 12th examination which were held in 2017 will not be eligible for registration in Chemical Engineering with MBA.